V.J. Scozzari & Sons, Inc. is a third-generation construction company steeped in tradition and loyalty yet on the cutting edge of today’s innovation in construction and technology. We have been serving some of the oldest and most renowned institutions of private higher education and independent education, as well as the largest healthcare organizations in the Region. We cater to the needs of our clients in business and industry through creative and flexible solutions not found in the industry today. Historically over 80% of our business is from repeat clients, and over 70% of our work is negotiated.
Unlike the many firms in the industry we are not hiring for a job, we are seeking someone to join our company, our family, our Team that can make a difference.
Our commitment is to our employees, our clients, our projects, and the environment as we continually strive to improve.
Construction Project Superintendent
Reports to Project Manager. The company’s project site representative. Responsible for our company’s project commitments and promoting the interests of V. J. Scozzari & Sons, Inc. in all matters and at all times.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Project and Personnel Safety requirements and management
- Plan and review the project required work.
- Providing input and reporting to Project Manager in planning, coordination, and managing of company personnel, contractors, and vendors engaged on project
- Constant and consistent interfacing with employees, contractors, and vendors to manage project expectations as well as interfacing with clients, architects/engineers, consultants to manage project expectations
- Ensure that the work is completed on time, within budget and to the quality specified
- Review and ensure that the work at the site is in strict accordance with approved submittals/shop drawings and project requirements
- Input and assistance with project scheduling
- Adhere to the project schedule
- Maintain project required documents as well as company required documentation
- Maintain Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Reporting to project management on progress of the work on site
- Responsibility for the required Quality/Testing/Inspections through installation, testing, commissioning, handover and client acceptance
- Ensure coordination of and between the trades
- Responsible for project safety
- Perform various other duties and take on other responsibilities, as required
Position Skills & Requisites Requirements
General Carpentry knowledge of Commercial construction including but not limited to:
- Concrete form work
- Wood and Metal Framing
- Doors Frames and Hardware
- Trim and Millwork
- Proper use & care of Power Tools and Equipment
- Ability to Read & Understand Blueprints, Sketches and/or Drawings
- Knowledge of general carpentry, tools & equipment
- Knowledge of Jobsite safety
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to Detail & Planning
- Good Character and Judgment
- Excellent Customer Service
- Minimum 10 years of experience in public & private construction including educational, healthcare, commercial, & institutional.
- Excellent technical skills including but not limited to the following:
- MS Office 365
- Job Site technology and layout technology
- The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties, which may be required from day to day.
- A willingness to gain further knowledge and training in construction related technology.
- Knowledge and experience in sustainability in construction with a willingness to gain further knowledge and training.
- Bilingual skills are an asset
- Experience in a similar capacity on commercial construction projects
- A valid State Driver’s License is required
- A valid Social Security Number/Card is required
- A pre-employment Criminal Background Check will be conducted
- A pre-employment Drug Test will be conducted as well as random Drug Testing during employment
- Verifiable references will be required
- Most Projects are located in New Jersey and Eastern PA, however some travel may be required
- Completion of an OSHA 10-Hr and 30-Hr Construction Safety Course and Controlling Silica Exposure*
* V. J. Scozzari & Sons, Inc. will provide OSHA training.
Benefits and Compensation
- V.J. Scozzari & Sons, Inc. offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
- It is helpful if you reply with your desired salary requirements
- Paid Vacation / Sick Days (scheduled and unscheduled time off)
- Paid Holidays/ Floating Holidays (used at employee discretion)
- Company provided Health Insurance
- Voluntary Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company provided and Voluntary Health Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company provided Life Insurance and optional voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance
- 401K Plan with company match
Please submit resume, references & salary requirements to email@example.com
We are seeking highly talented and motivated college students for various summer internships.
Our intern assignments provide you with an opportunity to combine real-life work experiences with your classroom and technical training from your school. Our internship assignments will introduce you to the construction industry and provide you with a hands-on experience that should assist you in pursuing a career in construction and into future industry leaders.
Internship opportunities may be available in the following business functions:
- 3D modeling/BIM Modeling/Virtual Design and Construction
- Information technology
- Project Management
- Project Support
- Project Supervision
From the beginning, you will participate in real construction projects that have real impact on the future of the projects and our organization.
Throughout the summer, we invite our interns to participate in a variety of training exercises and real project experiences. Such as the following:
- Internal Project Management Meetings
- Client Project Conferences
- Presentation opportunities
- Community service opportunities
- Everyday business experiences
We seek interns who are serious about construction and who have a serious work ethic. Well-rounded, energetic, and conscientious students who possess the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Incoming junior or seniors
- Academic achievement (above 3.0 GPA is preferred)
- Majors in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering and/or Virtual Design and Construction.
- Demonstrated abilities to work independently and as part of a Team
Internship resumes maybe submitted at any time through the course of the year. If we determine to proceed with engaging individuals for intern positions, we will conduct initial reviews and screenings and interview during the months of March and April and make offers to internship candidates thereafter. Interns assignments in late May or the first week of June, internships generally conclude in Early August.
Please note: changing business needs may alter our intentions and recruiting schedule. For more information regarding the recruiting timeline for a specific internship opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nothing contained on the site should be construed to constitute an offer or guarantee of employment. Offers of employment may only be communicated in writing by a person authorized by the Company to make such offers. Participation in any Company internship program does not guarantee future or continued employment.