V.J. Scozzari & Sons, Inc. is a third-generation construction company steeped in tradition and loyalty yet on the cutting edge of today’s innovation in construction and technology. We have been serving some of the oldest and most renowned institutions of private higher education and independent education, as well as the largest healthcare organizations in the Region. We cater to the needs of our clients in business and industry through creative and flexible solutions not found in the industry today. Historically over 80% of our business is from repeat clients, and over 70% of our work is negotiated.
Unlike the many firms in the industry we are not hiring for a job, we are seeking someone to join our company, our family, our Team that can make a difference.
Our commitment is to our employees, our clients, our projects, and the environment as we continually strive to improve.
Construction General Laborer
- General knowledge of Commercial construction including but not limited to:
- Concrete work
- Wood and Metal Framing
- General Cleaning
- Receiving Material Delivers to job sites
- General Construction Demolition
- Able to understand and follow directions
- Good Character and Judgment
- Excellent Customer Service
- Knowledge of general carpentry, tools & equipment
- Knowledge of Jobsite safety
- Knowledge of Small tool maintenance and service
- Rental Property weekly cleanup and maintenance.
- Valid State Driver’s License / Reliable Transportation
- Valid Social Security Number / Card
- Be able to pass a Criminal Background Check
- Be able to pass a Drug Test
- Possess verifiable references
- Completion an OSHA 10-Hr Construction Course*
*Will provide 10-hour OSHA training for qualified Candidates.
- Based on Experience
- Health Insurance for the employee
- 401K with company match
- Paid Vacation and Sick time
Please submit resume, references & salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking highly talented and motivated college students for various summer internships.
Our intern assignments provide you with an opportunity to combine real-life work experiences with your classroom and technical training from your school. Our internship assignments will introduce you to the construction industry and provide you with a hands-on experience that should assist you in pursuing a career in construction and into future industry leaders.
Internship opportunities may be available in the following business functions:
- 3D modeling/BIM Modeling/Virtual Design and Construction
- Information technology
- Project Management
- Project Support
- Project Supervision
From the beginning, you will participate in real construction projects that have real impact on the future of the projects and our organization.
Throughout the summer, we invite our interns to participate in a variety of training exercises and real project experiences. Such as the following:
- Internal Project Management Meetings
- Client Project Conferences
- Presentation opportunities
- Community service opportunities
- Everyday business experiences
We seek interns who are serious about construction and who have a serious work ethic. Well-rounded, energetic, and conscientious students who possess the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Incoming junior or seniors
- Academic achievement (above 3.0 GPA is preferred)
- Majors in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering and/or Virtual Design and Construction.
- Demonstrated abilities to work independently and as part of a Team
Internship resumes maybe submitted at any time through the course of the year. If we determine to proceed with engaging individuals for intern positions, we will conduct initial reviews and screenings and interview during the months of March and April and make offers to internship candidates thereafter. Interns assignments in late May or the first week of June, internships generally conclude in Early August.
Please note: changing business needs may alter our intentions and recruiting schedule. For more information regarding the recruiting timeline for a specific internship opportunity, please email email@example.com.
Nothing contained on the site should be construed to constitute an offer or guarantee of employment. Offers of employment may only be communicated in writing by a person authorized by the Company to make such offers. Participation in any Company internship program does not guarantee future or continued employment.